Delightfully Dense and DeliciousEasy make-ahead breakfast for a week in the form of baked egg muffins loaded with meat and vegetables for a 26-gram protein boost with an overhead of only 264 calories and 5 grams net carbs for a satisfying start for the hurried morning. The beauty of these jewels is that you can go all sorts of directions with them. Want jalapenos, Add ’em. Want bacon instead of ham? Do it up. Want to give ’em the classic Tex-Mex Breakfast burrito vibe. Just add taco seasoning. It’s a breakfast palette. Make it your own art! Use lots of colors!
Loaded Egg Muffins
- 1 dozen Brown Eggs (Large)
- 5 links Turkey Breakfast Sausage chopped
- 6 slices Canadian Bacon chopped
- 2 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 1/3 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup Orange Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1 cup Spinach leaves chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- Salt, pepper and whatever else makes you happy as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in a pile and take a swell picture to wow your friends on Facebook with. I also find having all the ingredients in a pile to helps workflow.
- Finely chop everything choppable. Except for the garlic, you can mince that.
- Drop the whole shootin' match in a bowl and beat it.
- Spray a muffin pan, or two if you're making the little round ones, with the cooking spray of your choice. , ladle the muffin mix into the spots provided by the aforementioned pan. Top with additional cheese and whatever else you deem appropriate.
- Bake until golden on top and an inserted fork comes away clean. Around 45 minutes.